The International Manifesto Group is managed by the Geopolitical Economy Research Group (GERG) located in the University of Manitoba, Canada and funded by the Geopolitical Economy Research and Education Trust (GERET), a charitable organization incorporated in Manitoba, Canada. This policy applies to both the above organisations, and to any information collected by either organisation through the websites that they manage or fund.
Your Right to Privacy
GERET values your right to privacy. Our collection and use of any personal information you provide is guided by the idea that individuals have a right to privacy, while organizations have an obligation to be transparent.
Privacy laws vary from country to country, but we undertake to do our best to comply with the laws relating to privacy that prevail in the country you reside in.
GERET and GERG are governed by Canadian privacy laws. Under these, you have the right to:
• Know why we’re collecting personal information and how we will use it;
• Understand when, why and with whom we may share your information;
• Be confident your information is accurate, up-to-date, and handled securely;
• See your personal information on request and correct it if necessary; and
• Opt out of digital communications (emails) easily;
• File a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner if you feel we’ve mishandled your information.
We take our obligations seriously, and will always do our best to:
• Obtain consent for the use of your personal information;
• Collect personal information only by fair, transparent and legal means;
• Keep your personal information only as long as is necessary;
Our Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use your personal information for two reasons;
• To respond to requests to get involved with GERET or the sites that it supports;
• To ensure we have your consent to receive our mass communications.
Sharing with Third Parties
Our use of online tools and plug-ins for collecting your personal information, communicating with members and supporters, and processing donations means that in some cases your personal information will be accessible to other organizations.
We do our best to keep data sharing to a minimum, to collect as little personal information as possible, and to periodically review third party privacy policies to ensure our partners are using personal information in a fair, transparent, and reasonable way.
A “cookie” is an anonymous piece of code that a web server stores on your local computer via your browser. Your browser shares this information to other web servers as you surf the net.
The cookies used by our website do not contain any personal information.
If you ever decide you’d like to stop receiving communications from GERET, you can opt out by following the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of our emails.
Where to Direct Your Privacy Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, want to view or correct our records, or want to withdraw your consent for our collection of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond to your questions and concerns as soon as possible.